Oxygen Exchange and Balance Tutorial
This tutorial provides a systematic approach to learning by using a sequence that is similar to how this topic would unfold in a traditional textbook. The student is encouraged to go not only to the initial link associated with each tutorial question, but also to use embedded hyperlinks to expand upon the physiological concepts associated with the question.
Quiz Questions Linked to Tutorial
At the end of the tutorial, there is a link to an external website (quizegg.com) that has multiple choice and true/false questions that are associated with the tutorial. When the quiz results are given to the user after taking the quiz, links are provided back to specific cvphysiology.com pages to assist learning. Users will need to register (free) on the quizegg.com site to access the quiz questions for the tutorial. No personal information is available to cvphysiology.com other than the user provided login name and analysis of user performance on the quiz questions. This feedback will be used to improve cvphysiology.com content and quiz questions.
- How is oxygen transported by blood?
- What determines the rate of oxygen diffusion from blood to tissue?
- What determines the level of tissue oxygenation?
- What is the myocardial oxygen supply/demand ratio and what factors alter this ratio?
- What determines oxygen supply (delivery) to an organ?
- What determines the degree of oxygen extraction from the blood as it passes through an organ?
- How is myocardial oxygen demand (consumption) determined in the heart using the Fick principle?
Link to Quiz Questions: www.quizegg.com/q/56570